Oral Cancer Detection and Screening
We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of oral lesions, red and white patches, ulcers, oral submucous fibrosis, oral premalignant lesions, oral cancer.
Any type of ulcer or lesion that persists in the oral cavity for more than two weeks or is not responding to treatments is a warning signal.
Teeth with sharp edges causing constant irritation to tongue and oral epithelium is the cause of frequent ulcers which gradually can transform into oral cancer
Under the expert guidance of Dr Nidhi Agarwal , specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, we perform all types of advanced diagnostic procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of premalignant lesions, jaw swellings, salivary gland tumors and jaw tumors.
Removal of tissue from living beings for macroscopic examination ,microscopic analysis, bacterial analysis & combination of above is called “BIOPSY”.
Indications for Biopsy
- Any lesion that persists for more than 2 weeks with no apparent cause
- Any inflammatory lesion that does not respond to local treatment after 10-14 days (after removing local irritant)
- Persistent hyperkeratotic changes in surface tissues
- Any persistent tumescence, either visible or palpable beneath relatively normal tissue
- Inflammatory changes of unknown cause that persist for long periods
- Lesions that interfere with local function (e.g. fibroma)
- Bone lesions not specifically identified by clinical and radiographic findings
- Any lesion that has the characteristics of malignancy
- Any tissue expelled from the body orifice
- To rule out malignant transformation